Friday 20 April 2012

The 25% Moment.

And suddenly I'm a quarter of the way through. Seems a little strange that I now only have to go through what I have been through already three more times. This is doable.

An interesting day today started with an audition.

Whilst I was waiting to go in a couple of the receptionists were rooting through the cupboard. All this bending apparently revealed the lower back tattoo of one to the other.

"Ooh, I like your tattoo."

"Thanks."

"What does it mean?"

"Having endured the pain."  Time for a joke methinks and so I chip in.

"Having endured the pain of having a tattoo done?" No one laughs. Tattoo girl replies with utter contempt...

"Actually, having endured the pain of having two back spurs removed, from which I was almost paralysed."

I should have left it but if you've been followed these you'll know I can't. "So having endured the pain of having a couple of back spurs removed you decided to have a tattoo in the place where you'd had the back problem."

"Do you know anything, about anything?"

Fortunately at this point it was my turn to go in. Not the best preparation for an audition.

At the gym, later, I was cycling away when my eye caught some movement to my left. I glanced over, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a rather old bloke also cycling. He'd obviously let himself go and was not exactly an oil painting. He looked tired and sweaty. I looked away and thanked my lucky stars I didn't look as bad as him. A moment later I couldn't stop myself having another look. I wanted to see if he was peddling as quick as me. I look over and it was only at this point that I realised I had been looking at the mirror.


A few people have asked me if I made up the word Crepitus? Of course not. If I could make up words that good I wouldn't be wasting my time doing anything else. Although having said that my brothers and I did make up a word which is brilliant. I spell it 'Chuppetting'. It is pronounced with a good bit of phlegm at the start as though you are clearing your throat. It is the word we use for leaving a football ground when you are trying to go quickly but you don't want to seem like you're running. 

Anyway the Crepitus is loud this week, I can hear it when I walk up the stairs and when I move my leg at night. It sounds like it all needs oiling. I think all the strengthening work is great but I'll be most pleased when I can't hear my knee anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment